Tuesday, December 15, 2015

It's been awhile...

So I know I have been MIA since Easter, but needless to say I have been quite busy between motherhood, wifehood, and working like crazy. I definitely enjoy when our busy season at work slows down around Thanksgiving (I literally give thanks for it!) and I love the easygoing pace of wintertime. It's as if the cold and change in weather helps slow everyone down and remind them of the really important things in life. I haven't been to church since my daughter was a few months old earlier this year, but I am planning on going this Sunday and hope to begin reflecting on the messages and just reflecting on my week in general. I think it will help me a great amount in becoming a better example for my daughter.

This week has been tough just because since my husband started his new job, which is second shift, our daughter's schedule has gone all over the place to most recently staying up way past her bedtime no matter how many times I rock her to sleep or read to her. I'm praying that over the next week we can get her back on a better schedule!

Other than trying to set a better example for my daughter, I also want to become a better wife. This year my focus has drifted further away from marriage than I expected it to, so I need to reflect on how to bring the focus back. The first year after having a baby is definitely one that nobody can prepare you for especially since it effects everyone differently and no two babies are the same.

I'm not really intending to make this blog out to be a self-help blog for anyone else, but if any of my reflections, trials and tribulations can help you out then I'm glad.

God Bless :)