Wednesday, April 8, 2015

God's Plan is not always what you've planned

It is very easy to get lost in the whims of this earthly world and try to plan out every second of every day. 

For the past two years around Easter, God presents me with what I would consider a challenge of testing my faith. Two years ago I slowly started coming back to strengthen my relationship with God. Started out well, but then I met this guy, Shawn, who, yes, stole my heart. That guy is now my husband and father of our beautiful daughter!

Last year, at Easter time, I was not practicing my faith and my relationship with God had taken a back seat because I thought my relationship with Shawn was more important. Which, in a sense, was pretty true because low and behold God was working in a very mysterious way! About four weeks after Easter had passed Shawn and I found out we were expecting. The funny thing about the whole situation is that I had told Shawn that if I got pregnant then God must have thought that he was "the one" I was meant to be with. I was also struggling with a lot of personal problems, such as learning patience, to be more selfless, and to take better responsibility of my life. Well, for these first three months of our daughter's life I have slowly begun to learn those valuable life lessons!

God's grace has worked in the most joyous and peculiar ways over the past year and this year, on the day before Easter, I felt like the Holy Spirit was walking around inside of me banging pots and pans--parading around, if you will--to give me somewhat of a "wake up call" to go back to growing my relationship with God and Christ. Shawn and I watched "The Ten Commandments" (2006 version), "Noah's Ark" (2015 version), AND "The Passion of the Christ" (Mel Gibson). I have never felt a message be so clearly announced to me by God in my life! So, needless to say I have taken that message and I am living my life through Christ and following God's plan for me and my family to the fullest!!

The photo I shared above cannot describe how God works any simpler! Trust in Him and do not fret because His timing is IMPECCABLE!!

#LoveOneAnother #TrustHim #WalkingAlongHisFootprints